Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It feels like sabotage


I would like to say that i am incredibly blessed that god brought the amazing man I call my husband into my life. He is an amazing cook, He cleans, and He buys me presents and knows my shoe size. A girl couldn’t ask for anything more. But I also feel like he sabotages me when I inform him anytime I venture out on my quest for weight loss. Albeit he might be doing it unintentionally but he does it every single time. For instance this week was supposed to mark the start of my Pre PCS (permanent change of station) body transformation. This also seems to be the week my husband wants to go look at boxes at U-Haul literally every. Single. Day. This week. I felt like telling him “I promise you hunny the medium box is still the same medium size the last time we looked.” It also seemed to be the week my husband wanted to cook dinner every single day and you know what he thinks is a great idea for dinner. Fried CATFISH!!!! Oh and let’s not forget about the pint of Rocky Road Ice Cream….just because he thought it would be a nice surprise for me to come home to! Seriously my husband is out to get me….

Alas even though my workout regimen didn’t go as planned, below is what I have done for the week:

Monday: Treadmill workout.
20 minutes spent jogging at steady 5mph pace.
20 minutes spent walking 4 mph at steep incline 10%.
20 more minutes spent doing interval training. Walk 3.5mph for 1.5 minutes running as fast as possible 7.5mph for 30 to 45 seconds… continue pattern.
• Time: 1 hour 5 min
• Distance: 4.69 miles
• Avg HR: 156
• Calories burned: 716

Tuesday: No workout Logged. Had to go look at boxes

Wednesday: Treadmill Workout. Walking at a fast pace (4mph to 4.5mph) with steep incline with some spurts of jogging to break up monotony
• Time: 1 hour 5 min
• Distance: 4.50 miles
• Avg. HR: 147
• Calories burned: 789

Thursday: No workout for today. I get to go look at packing peanuts and duct tape. My husband sure is a charmer. Nothing says L-O-V-E quite like spending the evening at home depot

2 comments:

  1. Are you guys doing a DTY move? We're moving in 2 weeks and I'm letting the movers do all the work for me! LOL ('Course, my honey is not here to help...)

    I hear ya about unintentional sabotage, though. I decide to eat clean and my husband just has to have a toasted bagel with butter and cheddar... everyday. ARGH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...we were gonna do the dty move..but we are moving from alaska...told my husband that its better to let the army move us

    ReplyDelete